All bets are off the table when high-dose testosterone and its many metabolites are used illegally, such as with anabolic steroid abuse. Strokes, embolisms, and cardiovascular disease are all more likely, as is sudden death, and liver and kidney disease. 44 In women, acne, irreversible deepening of the voice, baldness, increased facial hair, enlarged sex organs, breast reduction, depression, and infertility have all been reported. In adult men that abuse anabolic steroids, acne, baldness, permanent infertility, gynecomastia, loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, testicle shrinkage, and profuse sweating are all reported side effects. Increased testicular cancer hasn't been reported, though. 45,46
* Relaxation techniques can be highly effective for helping people to deal with stress. Something as simple as yoga breathing exercises can be of benefit. Most of these relaxation techniques can be performed anywhere.
* Meditation is a wonderful tool for dealing with stress. It not only helps people unwind, but it can also increase the individual’s ability to handle stress as it arises. Mindfulness meditation in particular can work well for people who wish to improve their own ability to manage stress.
* Exercise is another good way to burn of stress and clear the mind after a stressful day. Even something as simple as a walk in the park can help people unwind.
* Developing a good support network of family and friends can be highly beneficial. Even if these people are not able to offer practical help with a problem they can still provide emotional support. People will usually have a higher tolerance for stress when they feel supported by friends and family.
* If people find that stress has become a problem in their life they might benefit from therapy. A good therapist can help the individual examine the root causes of their stress, and provide guidance for how to improve the situation.
* Keeping a journal is also useful as a tool for combating stress. Just writing things down can be therapeutic as it acts as an outlet for worries and concerns.